Farm subsidies are central to agricultural policy. But do farmers need them?
In this episode, we discuss the ins and outs of the EU Common Agricultural Policy with Dr. Alan Matthews, Professor Emeritus of European Agricultural Policy at Trinity College, Dublin.
- The origins of the EU Common Agricultural Policy
- Hectare-based subsidies: how larger farms receive larger subsidies
- Subsidies: a barrier or incentive for sustainable farming?
- Agricultural lobbying in the EU
- A silver lining of Brexit
- A way forward for farming in Europe
- Follow Dr. Alan Matthews on Twitter
- EU CAP Reform Website
- Harriet Bradley: ‘CAP 2020: A poor vintage?’
You may also like: