This week, we talk with Natalie Pukasemvarangkoon about the Paleo diet.
Natalie has experimented with pretty much every diet in the book. She’s been a carnivore, a pescatarian, a vegetarian, and a vegan for a solid 3 years. She’s tried the 80/10/10 diet, raw till four, the HCLF diet, and yes, the Paleo diet.
Natalie is the founder of the Paleo Collective - an umbrella for the Paleo lifestyle: providing Paleo-friendly caterings, personal chef services, they host pop-up dinners and provide corporate talks and demos to educate people on the diet and lifestyle. They also run a blog with recipes and health tips related to the Paleo diet.
In this episode, we discuss what the Paleo diet is, and why its Natalie’s diet of choice. We explore:
- How to pronounce Paleo – the little things matter!
- How to eat Paleo: why eating grains and beans are a big no-no, why gluten is sin, and how choosing quality meat is essential
- What the gut microbiome is, how gluten can affect the gut, and how it influences our health and mood
- The common cause: why the rift between vegans and paleo obscures important values these diets or lifestyles have in common
- The Paleo Collective Website and Instagram
- The Paleo Diet - Loren Cordain
- Paleo Collective blogpost: 5 reasons why you should eat grass-fed over grain-fed meats
- Gut: The Inside Story of our Body’s Most Underrated Organ – Giulia Enders
You might also like: